When To Replace Your Dentures
Many of our patients believe that their dentures will last them forever. Unfortunately, this is not the case. In reality, you should really be replacing your dentures every five to ten years. This is because, while your face and jaw will change over time, your dentures obviously will not be able to adapt to these changes. This can cause the dentures to be uncomfortable and ill fitting.
How Will I Know When It’s Time To Replace My Dentures?
Below is a list of symptoms that could mean it’s time to get your dentures checked out and possibly replaced:
- Problems with chewing
- Sore and irritated gums or tissues
- Sagging mouth, thinning lips or any other change in your facial features
- Loose dentures – if they fall out when chewing or speaking
- If your dentures are discolored or have an unpleasant odor dentures
- Bone or ridge loss
- Headaches, ear or neck pain
It is very important to Dr. Kate Wilson that your dentures are comfortable and that you feel confident while wearing them. If you believe it’s time to replace your dentures or if you’re experiencing any of the above symptoms, please make an appointment with Coastal Periodontics, located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.